My lifelong career has been committed to excellence in public education – nationally and internationally.
Consulting and teaching
- Assessment of Teacher Performance with the Ministries of Education in Kosovo and Serbia.
- Observing/supervising/evaluating classroom instruction for improved learning in math, science, and literacy.
- Curriculum development and assessment for improved student performance
- Equitable classrooms
- Leadership development and school culture
- Principal developer of the Vermont Classroom Observation Tool (VCOT), used by Mathematica Policy Research, Inc. in two national studies funded by the US Department of Education to measure teacher performance.
- Director of School Improvement in a school district identified for persistently low performance through No Child Left Behind
- Associate Executive Director at Vermont Institutes, a nonprofit professional development and research organization. Worked to strengthen leadership in the state, providing training and professional development to school leaders, along with opportunities for networking and support.
- Superintendent of Schools, Principal, Curriculum Director
- Ed.D. from University of Vermont